PLEASE DO NOT SEND EMAILS OR REGISTER ON THE SITE IF YOU DO NOT WANT THAT INFORMATION TO BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE WAYS DESCRIBED BY THIS NOTICE. BY PROVIDING US WITH INFORMATION ON THE SITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA AS DESCRIBED IN THE FOLLOWING POLICY
Intellisight Opticians ("we") run this site www.intellisightopticians.co.uk (the "Site") for visitors who wish to find out more about our business and for visitors who wish to purchase our products ("you") using this Site. We are registered with the UK Information Commissioner as a data controller and we try our best to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. WHAT TYPE OF DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Personal data relating to Internet users viewing the Site may be collected through the Site on each of the following occasions:
- data regarding navigation may be collected by our web servers or by cookies when you are browsing the Site;
- data regarding your identity and email address may be collected when you send an email to us through the Site (if you choose to do so), for instance via the ‘Contact’ page or where you submit an order in accordance with our Terms and Conditions;
- data regarding your identity may be collected by the Site on registration for online ordering; and
- data regarding your identity, medical details as contained on any prescription or other supporting information that you provide to us, whether by email, telephone, fax or post.
- upon collection the personal data will be stored for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide goods and services, including after sales services to you, in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
3. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a tiny element of data that is stored on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you access a website. The Site makes use of the following types of cookie technology:
- A "Session cookie", which contains a random ID number automatically allocated to your computer by the webserver for the duration of your visit. It is meant to make your use of the Site faster and easier. It will be deactivated after thirty minutes of inactivity on the Site and will be automatically removed from your computer when you close your browser.
- A "Script generated cookie" is automatically allocated to your computer when you register to access any restricted areas of the Site and on each subsequent visit. It only contains an identifier which will enable the Site to identify you as a registered user so that you do not have to identify yourself again while you move from one server to another during your visit. It will remain on your computer after your visit until you remove it. It will be placed again at your next visit.
Third-Party CookiesWe may use third-party advertising companies or affiliates to display advertisements on our website. These third-party advertising companies or affiliates may separately place or recognise a cookie file on your browser in the course of delivering advertisements to the Site. We cannot see the information collected or stored in third party cookies. We do not provide personal data about you to these third party advertisers or affiliates or to any other third party.
However, in order to use the payment section of the Site, we recommend that you do not block the recording of cookies on your computer.
4. REMOVING AND DISABLING COOKIESIf you don’t want us to place cookies on your computer at all, you can set your browser to disable or reject cookies. This will mean that no websites will be able to place cookies on your computer. You can do this by adjusting the preferences within your browser. This may mean, however, that you will not be able to enjoy full use of all parts of the Site.
If you want to remove previously-stored cookies, you can manually delete the cookies at any time. This will not prevent websites from placing further cookies on your computer.To find out exactly how to disable/remove, please go to http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx
5. WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
DATA COLLECTED BY WEB SERVERS AND COOKIES
The web servers that serve the Site collect the IP address of users who visit the Site, their Site navigation information (page requested, time of request, browser type and server response) as well as the user name if the user has registered to any restricted areas of the site.
This information is regularly aggregated and de-identified so that the number of visits to the Site and its pages, the average time spent on the Site and the pages viewed, etc., can be measured and analysed to improve our product offerings and marketing approach and to improve the Site's content and functionality. This information will not be used to create individual visitors' profiles. We will not track the individual navigation of visitors, except in the very limited cases where a visitor faces navigation problems which require a technical intervention to correct the problem or to detect potential intrusions.
DATA COLLECTED ON SENDING AN EMAIL TO THE OWNER
You may want to send an email to us through the Site, for instance via the 'Contact' pages. By doing so, you will provide us with basic information about yourself, such as your email address, telephone numbers, your name, your query and could include certain medical information.
We will not use the information you provide when sending us emails for purposes other than responding to your message, handling your query or your Order, analysing your feedback and/or suggestions and for improving the Site.
Except if provided to others, as set out below, the supplied data will be kept on the Site’s secured servers and computer systems, protected from outside intrusions.
DATA COLLECTED THROUGH SUBMISSION OF ORDER FORM
In addition to a copy of your prescription from a registered medical practitioner or registered ophthalmic optician, or details thereof as applicable you are required to provide the personal information set out in the Order Form.
This information, as well as your password, is processed by us for the purpose of processing your Order Form, delivery Goods to you and otherwise performing our obligations to you in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. If you do not wish to register, but would still like product or service information, all you need to do is to call the telephone number provided on the ‘Contact’ page or send us an email.
Your personal data will be used and transferred for direct marketing purposes. Except as expressly stated in this Privacy and Cookies Policy and in our Terms and Conditions we will not send you email messages or junk mail, and your details will not be passed to ANY organisation beyond Intellisight Opticians without your explicit permission.
6. TRANSFER OF THE DATA COLLECTED VIA THE SITE TO THIRD PARTIES
Data collected by web servers and cookies are not transferred to any third parties.
Data collected on sending an email may be provided, to the extent necessary to handle your Order, to our offices [or laboratories (including those of our affiliates, agents or representatives)] as well as vendors whose assistance is needed to handle your query.
Data collected through the Site may also be transferred to others from time to time in the following cases as needed to perform the data processing purposes described in this Policy:
- at your request, on your order or subject to your prior agreement, to recipients specified by you;
- to authorised third parties in compliance with our statutory or regulatory obligations;
- to recipients who are operators acting on our behalf in their capacity as agent, authorised proxy, sub-contractor, service provider or in any other capacity, including suppliers in charge of hosting or maintaining the site;
- to our laboratories;
- other third party businesses selected by us for the purposes of direct marketing, if you tick in the relevant box on the "Cardholder Details Page" page;
- in case of a change of control or acquisition or the whole or part of the assets or business of Intellisight Opticians, the data collected through this site will be transferred to the acquiring entity.
7. TRANSFERRING YOUR DATA OUTSIDE EUROPECurrently we do not transfer your data outside Europe.
8. SUBJECT ACCESS RIGHTSAt law you have the following rights
- a subject access right which enables you to be told whether we hold any personal data about you and to obtain a copy of that information;
- a right to get personal data relating to you rectified, completed, updated, blocked or erased when incomplete, unclear, obsolete or processed unlawfully;
- a right to object to the processing of data relating to you on legitimate grounds and a right to object free of charge to the use of data for solicitation purposes.
9. SECURITYExcept if provided to others in the circumstances set out in this Policy, the data supplied by you will be kept on the Site’s secured servers and computer systems, protected from outside intrusions.
12. CONTACTING USIf you have any questions about any aspect of this Policy or want to discuss how we handle your data you can contact us by email, post or telephone.
ADDITIONAL PRIVACY POLICIES
Click any of the links to see more details
Freedom of Information Policy (60 KB)
Patient Data Handling Policy (54 KB)
Disabling this website's tracking and other optional cookies
Cookies are text files sent to your computer and used by your web browser to store information. The cookies we use allow your browser to remember whether you've visited our site before and what your preferences are.
Cookies used by Google Analytics
These cookies record only data relating to how the website is navigated. They do not record any personally identifiable data.
How to refuse or withdraw consent
Although the cookies we use on this website are quite harmless and do not reveal your identity, not everyone wishes to have text files downloaded onto their computer or mobile device. If you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functionality on this website.
The Information Commissioner's Office (ico) has a web page which explains cookies in great detail. It can be visited by clicking on ICO Cookies page
Enable Tracking Cookies